Take a Kid Mountain Biking day
November 2 @ 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Our annual Take A Kid Mountain Biking event will be November 2nd at Irvine Park. Save the date! More details and registration coming soon.
Click HERE to register.
This amazing local event provides a means for kids and their families to enjoy local trails together. This event welcomes riders of all ages and skill levels. This is a great opportunity to pass your passion for pedaling on to kids! SHARE Mountain Bike Club is excited to host this year’s event at Irvine Regional Park on Sunday November 2nd at 8:30 am.
LOCATION, TIME, and COST
- Date and Time: Sunday November 2nd at 8:30 am
- Meeting Location: Irvine Regional Park at Coyote Corner
- Cost: Event is FREE! Donations are accepted to SHARE Mountain Bike Club of Orange County
WHAT TO EXPECT
Participants will need to bring their own bikes and helmets as well as food and water for the ride. Parents are encouraged to ride with their children. Activities include skills activities, basic bike safety, and trail rides for all ages and all skill levels. Ride will be broken into the following categories according to skill level:
- Group 1: This will be for our youngest riders who want to ride the course close to the group area. This group caters to push bikes and training wheels.
- Group 2: Ride around Irvine Regional Park consisting of concrete path and some dirt trails. Along with the skills area, this group can ride along the path to the playground.
- Group 3: Loop over towards Santiago Regional Park on dirt roads and single track trails. Kids will develop dirt riding skills and develop additional skills by riding over teeter totters and other skill building objects.
- Group 4: Ride out of Irvine Regional Park and ride the trails within Santiago Oaks Regional Park. Traditionally the “Big Kids” ride, this group will head out to sample excellent single track in Irvine Regional Park and Santiago Oaks Regional Park. This group will also have the opportunity to extend dirt riding skills and develop additional skills by riding over teeter totters and other skill building objects.
POST RIDE FUN & OTHER THINGS
- After the ride, we will have a post ride BBQ and KIDS Raffle.
- SHARE is providing burgers and hot dogs. You are asked to bring the following BBQ items based on last name: A-G: Drinks; H-M: Fruit; N-S: Chips/Other sides; T-Z: Desserts
- Parking is $5 for entrance to Irvine Regional Park
- Event is in Irvine Regional Park – Coyote Corner