In order for the SHARE Mountain Bike Club to be able to support our land managers and other groups that sponsor mountain bike and outdoor related events, we need a lot of volunteers to come out and help.
Current and Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities (updated Aug/17/18):
• OC Parks Poker Ride – October 13th (Saturday)
This event that is being held at Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park. Volunteers are needed for the following duties: checkpoint volunteers, parking lot attendants, check-in/poker tally volunteers, and a poker hand expert. Contact: Martha Welch at email@example.com.
Ongoing Volunteer Roles – These are Vacant – We Need You!
Please contact: Steve Larson, SHARE President at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Membership Coordinator: This person is responsible for finding ways to increase membership via exploring options for attracting and retaining members. Use of the IMBA/SHARE database and website, the SHARE information booths at events, and other marketing tools can be utilized. The Membership Coordinator will also be responsible for corresponding via IMBA/SHARE database form letters with new and renewing members, and with individuals who provide emails to SHARE at the various event information booths.
• Public Relations/Community Outreach: This person is responsible for establishing relationships and coordinating with outside organizations to promote SHARE’s mission of promoting and enhancing the sport of mountain biking while simultaneously engaging in volunteer activities that support those organizations’ community events and programs. This person is also responsible for securing volunteers (i.e., SHARE Ambassadors) to work at the SHARE information booths that are set up at many different events. The coordinator will provide the volunteer with the necessary items for booth setup (e.g., SHARE tent, table, signs, etc.) and the “talking points” that the volunteer needs to be familiar with while engaging with the people who come to the information booth to ask about the SHARE MTB Club.
• Marketing/Graphics: This person is responsible for creating marketing materials and/or opportunities for SHARE such as special event promotional fliers, general business cards, banners, signs, etc. Marketing can also be done via the SHARE social media sites – website, Facebook posts, Twitter, and Strava.
• Park Representatives:
– Caspers Wilderness Park
– San Onofre State Park
– Chino Hills State Park
– Irvine Open Space (IOSP)/Irvine Ranch Conservancy (IRC)
This person is the primary contact for the Park Rangers and/or Land Managers. This position will coordinate with the park rangers and/or land managers for trail maintenance events and any other activities with which the park ranger may need assistance.