In order for the SHARE Mountain Bike Club to be able to support our land managers and other groups that sponsor mountain bike and outdoor related events, we need a lot of volunteers to come out and help.
Current and Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities (updated 4/15/18):
• Trail Maintenance Days – please refer to the SHARE website under the “Events” tab for the upcoming trail day events. These maintenance days are held in many of the different parks throughout Orange County. Contact: Each trail day will have instructions on the specific SHARE Park Representative to contact.
• 50 Mile Ride for Rwanda – April 28th (Saturday)
Need volunteers to help at the SHARE Booth Aid Station on the ride route. Contact: Steve Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Non Dot Adventure Race – May 19th (Saturday)
Need a SHARE ambassador to work at the SHARE information booth at this event that is being held at Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park. Contact: Martha Welch at email@example.com.
• OC Parks Bugs and Butterflies event – June 3rd (Sunday)
Need a SHARE ambassador to work at the SHARE information booth at this event that is being held at Thomas F. Riley Wilderness Park. Contact: Martha Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHARE Poker Ride – June 16th (Saturday)
Need volunteers to help at registration/check-in, ride checkpoints, and parking lot attendants. Contact: Paul Miller at email@example.com.
• Non Dot Adventure Race – June 30th (Saturday)
Need a SHARE ambassador to work at the SHARE information booth at this event that is being held at Santiago Oaks/Irvine Regional Park. Contact: Martha Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Volunteer Roles – These are Vacant – We Need You!
Please contact: Steve Larson, SHARE President at email@example.com
• Membership Coordinator: This person is responsible for finding ways to increase membership via exploring options for attracting and retaining members. Use of the IMBA/SHARE database and website, the SHARE information booths at events, and other marketing tools can be utilized. The Membership Coordinator will also be responsible for corresponding via IMBA/SHARE database form letters with new and renewing members, and with individuals who provide emails to SHARE at the various event information booths.
• Public Relations/Community Outreach: This person is responsible for establishing relationships and coordinating with outside organizations to promote SHARE’s mission of promoting and enhancing the sport of mountain biking while simultaneously engaging in volunteer activities that support those organizations’ community events and programs. This person is also responsible for securing volunteers (i.e., SHARE Ambassadors) to work at the SHARE information booths that are set up at many different events. The coordinator will provide the volunteer with the necessary items for booth setup (e.g., SHARE tent, table, signs, etc.) and the “talking points” that the volunteer needs to be familiar with while engaging with the people who come to the information booth to ask about the SHARE MTB Club.
• Marketing/Graphics: This person is responsible for creating marketing materials and/or opportunities for SHARE such as special event promotional fliers, general business cards, banners, signs, etc. Marketing can also be done via the SHARE social media sites – website, Facebook posts, Twitter, and Strava.
• Park Representatives – O’Neill Regional Park, Caspers Wilderness Park, San Onofre State Park, Chino Hills State Park, and Irvine Open Space (IOSP)/Irvine Ranch Conservancy (IRC): This person is the primary contact for the Park Rangers and/or Land Managers. This position will coordinate with the park rangers and/or land managers for trail maintenance events and any other activities with which the park ranger may need assistance.