Posted on October 19, 2014 by sharemtb
Join SHARE and Saddleback Canyon Riders
Trail work and partnership between the Mountain Bike and Equestrian communities in O’Neill Park. Click here for complete information.
- Where: Meet at O’Neill Park Nature Center Parking Lot
- When: Saturday, November 8th
- Time: 8 am to 11 am
- Lunch to be provided by the Saddleback Canyon Riders
- Share will provide Tools.
RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org so they know how much food to bring.
Filed under: SHARE, Trails, volunteer | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 17, 2014 by sharemtb
Skyline Trail – Trail Work Day – September – SHARE was there!
Several SHARE Mountain Bike Club members volunteered with the Big Bear Valley Trails Foundation on a trail work day building the Skyline Trail in Big Bear on Saturday September 13.
Skyline Trail Description
Learn about the Skyline Trail on MTBPROJECT.COM
The Skyline Trail is a collaboration of the Big Bear Valley Trails Foundation and the US Forest Service. It’s the first new single track in Big Bear in 20 years, and offers users an alternative to the highly used dirt roads near the top of Snow Summit in the Big Bear Lake area. This cross country single track has stunning views of Mt. San Gorgonio and travels through rock outcroppings and ponderosa pine forests at close to 8,000 feet of elevation. How long is Skyline? As of last year, the Skyline Trail is 8.5 miles one way, from the junction of 2N10/2N06 on the east end to where it finally crosses over 2N10 again on the west end. Several miles where added this summer.
Learn more about the Skyline Trail building process and be part of future trail work days click here
Skyline Trail in Big Bear California
Filed under: IMBA, SHARE, Trail Work, Trails | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 2, 2014 by sharemtb
Join Trails-4-All, SHARE/IMBA, and The Warriors Society at Trabuco Canyon Live Oak Canyon Road at Trabuco Creek for the 18th Annual Inner-Coastal & Watershed Clean-up Day. Fun stewardship event for all ages.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2014
- Sign-up at 8:00 AM
- Work day begins at 9:00AM
- Where: End of Trabuco Creek Road (dirt) at Trabuco Canyon Road (also called Live Oak).
- What to bring: gloves, water, study shoes, long pants. We also need pickup trucks to carry the trash to dumpsters in O’Neill Park.
- Information: Call Jim Meyer at 310-344-9229
Your efforts throughout the years have made a tremendous difference.
OC Parks has many other locations throughout Orange County to volunteer. For locations Click Here
Filed under: OC Parks, SHARE, Trabuco Canyon, Trails, volunteer, Warror's Society | Leave a comment »
Posted on January 25, 2014 by sharemtb
Exciting Trail Work Day to Reopen Emerald Canyon Trail
SHARE/IMBA members have a great opportunity to assist OC Parks in reopening this trail is coming up! On February 1st, our partners OC Parks, LCF and IRC are having a trail work day to clear vegetation through out this area to prepare for the placement of a bridge.
RSVPs are a must! Click Here to RSVP
If you’re a OC MTB rider than you are probably familiar with the Emerald Canyon Trail below the BVD and Old Emerald trail intersections that are known as “The Trail To Nowhere”. This hidden gem is one of the most beautiful trails in Laguna Beach, and goes through an incredibly diverse and beautiful range of habitat.
Unfortunately, a couple of years ago, heavy rains completely washed out a 60 foot portion of the trail leaving behind a gully that is close to 30 feet deep, and 60 feet wide! Well the opportunity to assist OC Parks in reopening this trail is coming up! On February 1st we will be working to clear vegetation through out this area to prepare for the placement of a new bridge over the gully. Please volunteer on this day and be part of the reopening of Emerald Canyon Trail!
Details: Emerald Canyon Trail Work Day
- Saturday, February 1st
- 9:00-1:00 pm
- Tools, water and snacks provided
- Meet at the junction of Emerald Canyon and Old Emerald Trail (Not Old Emerald Falls aka BVD)
- No shuttling available so you will need to ride in (fun!) or hike in (about 3 miles). It is at the bottom of Old Emerald Trails in Emerald Canyon. Please check the map for trails from either Dartmoor or Big Bend)
- SHARE/IMBA people that want to ride. We will meet and leave at 8:30 am at Ridge Park Trail Head and ride to the Trailwork Site.
RSVPs are a must! Click Here to RSVP
When you get there, tell them you are with SHARE/IMBA. We look forward to seeing you there!
Filed under: IMBA, Irvine Ranch Open Space, Laguna Canyon Foundation, New Trail, OC Parks, SHARE, Trail Work, Trails, volunteer | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 4, 2013 by sharemtb
Trail Work Day! Rabbit Run re-route
Join SHARE and IRC for a morning in the Irvine Ranch Open Space as we reroute a section of the Rabbit Run trail. We will be closing down an unsustainable section of trail and replacing it with a new alignment that will be lighter on the land and more enjoyable for users.
Sign-up Required: Click Here
- Date: Sat, 12/07/2013
- Time: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Where: Irvine Open Space Preserve
- Category: Trail Work
- Difficulty Rating: 3
- Minimum Age: 16
The day’s work will include about a 2 mile round trip hike in & out of the work site, vegetation trimming, dirt work (bench cut construction) and planting in the old trail line. No previous trail work experience necessary … just the desire to work outdoors and get dirty! All tools & gloves will be provided. Please wear sturdy work shoes or boots, long pants, sun protection, & a hat.
Filed under: Irvine Ranch Conservancy, Irvine Ranch Open Space, SHARE, Trail Work, Trails | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 25, 2013 by sharemtb
Come join the fun. Trail Work Day Sunday October 27.
SHARE Mountain Bike Club is having a trail work day to do brushing, tread work and trash pickup. The Irvine Coast Trail parallels San Diego Creek on the north side.
- When: Sunday October 27 @ 8 am
- Where: Park on Bayview Way near the intersection of Jamboree and Bayview Way in Newport Beach. Bayview Way is one block south of Bristol on Jamboree. See map. Look for the SHARE Mountain Bike Trailer.
- What: We will be working on the Irvine Coast Trail in Newport Beach. This short stretch of trail is used by equestrians, mountain bikers and hikers and is in need of some TLC. The trail needs brushing, tread work, and trash pick up.
- Time: 8 am to 10:30 am
For information call Brad Larkins @ 949 887-8913 or email Sharemtb@gmail.com
Filed under: IMBA, SHARE, Trail Work, Trails, volunteer | Leave a comment »